Tuesday 30 September 2008

Nice Picture, No Actions


In December 2007 I visited some friends that my wife and I have in Singapore. One of the places we visited was the zoo. To be sincere the Singapore zoo has been one of the best zoos I have ever visited so far but, in general, zoos are not my cup of tea. 


One of the attractions was the polar bear, that giant of the ice whose pictures move us. How nice! What a beautiful picture! What a pity he faces the threat of extinction in short! But what do we do when we arrive at home? What actions do we take every day? What's the percentage of people who do something to prevent, better said, to stop the melting of the ice caps? Only hot air... Nothing else... Things are getting worse... Methane is escaping from the ice: Have a look. Take it easy, it's better blaming on others. Keep sleeping.


No comments: